Saturday, October 3, 2009

Our Trip to the Canadian Rockies Day 1/12

Ray and I and My parents wanted to go on vacation and do something super fun so being the Travel guide that my mother is we put her in charge of the planning, and boy did she do a GREAT job... I am going to post in days so it is not so long and boring for you. I have to do this for me because it was the best place and the funniest thing we have done.
The first night we drove to Dillon Mt and stayed the night and then made our way through Glacier and on to the Border.. I have to say I didn't think it was really a big deal but when we got to the border my feelings all changed.

As we waited for our turn we talked a little about the freedoms we have and how lucky we are to live where we do. We were a little bit afraid of the health care system just in case we needed it. Thank goodness all was well and we didn't

I took this picture and had to keep it because after we went through the border Ray asked if we could take a picture with him and he told us NO he had been a Navy Seal for America and could not have his face out in pictures...... (am I terrible) oh well I like the picture.


The border was amazing to me it is as far as you can see it takes the men 5 weeks to do both sides from top to bottom it is about 10ft across and straight..
Here we go the adventure begins... Up next the beautiful Town of Waterton.




1 comment:

Kristine Robinson said...

Looks fun - you guys are awesome! I miss your fun family.