Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Go Time!!!


Grandma has been with us for the last week and in that week I have learned a lot of things... I am grateful for the legs that still carry me even if I do have to stop and take a break. I would have never believed that a lady of 91 years old could have the will to get walking again and do as well as she has. What a blessing she has been in our lifes. We have been able to talk a lot about " Old Times". I never thought that you could forget the name of your Mother in Law.... but you can, You will forget the year your husband was born and you do forget what they look like. ( so even when people don't like their picture taken take it anyway). I Love hearing all the stories of her teen years and yes even back then they THOUGHT that their parents didn't know what they were up to. She is a funny lady and I love her to death. The title of this post is It's go time because the walker has become her best friend she really does not like it but she puts up with it and puts up with us telling her all the time to slow down. Lindsey found this shirt that says it all....

2 comments:

Helen said...

You will never regret the time you spend with her. She is a great lady and how fun to hear all her stories. I'm glad she is doing well. Tell her hi for me.

Hacking it up said...

Good for her! What a trooper! It's so awesome you get to spend that time with her! Are you writing or recording all of her stories?